Jane Krakowski of NBC’s hit show 30 Rock flaunted a sleek chignon up do over a rockin’ one shouldered dress at the Emmy Awards. Â The look depicted 1950s hollywood glamour in an updated fashion.
Celebrity Stylist and creator of Krakowski’s ‘do Â Creighton Bowman’s inspiration stemmed from the classic style of Krakowski’s dress to tribute ‘Hollywood’s golden era’.
â€œThe sophisticated, one-shouldered dress called for a look with Grace Kellyâ€™s cool elegance, says Bowman. “Adding a textured, beachy finish to Janeâ€™s hair gave a simple chignon a sexy, up-to-the-minute edge.â€
Follow this step-by-step process by the celebrity stylist Creighton Bowman herself to achieve tyour own red carpet look.
- Start by spraying hair with RenÃ© Furterer Okara 2 phase leave-in protective conditioner for all-over softness and luminous shine. The anti-fading formula will help to protect blonde hair color and keep it looking vibrant.
- To create the beachy texture with a volumized lift, spray hair with Sachajuan Ocean Mist at the roots. Then apply RenÃ© Furterer Vegetal mousse on the ends and at the hairline.
- Using a medium round brush, give hair a basic round brush blow-out. Then spray hair with RenÃ© Furterer Naturia dry shampoo to enhance the natural texture.
- Next, pull hair into a ponytail, positioning it on the middle of the back of head, and secure it with an elastic band. Then wrap the ponytail into a chignon and pin into place.
- Finish with an all-over misting of Lâ€™OrÃ©al Elnett Satin Hairspray.
- Lastly, be prepared to receive a tremendous amount of compliments with your new star-worthy look.
By Kaylyn Dallman